Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Different Kind of Inspiration

This being January - the focus seems to be on losing weight but being a Mom of three I tend to think of my children's needs before my own.  After the birth of my third child, I made a promise to myself that I would get back to what I used  to be.  What I mean is back to my wedding weight and back to wearing contacts since my baby loves to put on my glasses.  Well over the last few months I had been slowly working on these goals, but it wasn't until I came across a picture when helping my mom clean out some things that really well inspired me.  It was a picture taken with my Late Great Aunt around my Graduation from College.  In this photo, I looked happy and I remember I was truly happy. Not to say that I am not happy today with a loving husband, a great house and the wonderful blessings but I have thought for a while that there is just one thing missing.  I am not really happy with myself. I let myself go and let life take over and after three kids my body is showing the wear. I want to be back to that girl in the photo.  I can't go back to the age I was but I can go back to that weight.  About a year before that picture was taken, my mom and I found that we were allergic to gluten.  After years of suffering in pain and not knowing why we finally found the answer.  Once we started eating gluten free which was not easy,  through the tears and stress of it all, the weight starting melting off.  I have been off gluten for 10+ years now but being pregnant three times and taking birth control has done a number to that number on the scale.  So my mission in 2013 is to get back to my wedding weight at 122 pounds.  I started last Monday, cutting out sugar and really watching what I am eating and the reason I am eating. Also I recently learned that I need to watch my consumption of corn products which will be kind of hard since I already don't have gluten. But I am resolved to do it.  So will you join me?  Is there something you been putting off for a while, let me encourage to - just do it- the time is now!


The one on the Top is taken from this Christmas and the one on the bottom was taken December 4, 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment